Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving your website rank on search engine result pages (SERPs). The objective of Search Engine Optimization is to appear as early as possible in the results when someone searches for specific keywords or phrases. It is important to remember that rankings are specific to a certain word, or words. When conducting SEO keyword research to find what words or phrases to target, you should ask questions like:
- What keywords or phrases relevant to your business do people search for most often?
- Of those keywords, which are most competitive, and which might be easier targets?
- What keywords are your competitors targeting, and how do you measure up?
Once you know what search terms you are targeting, the next step is to develop a thorough SEO Plan that outlines step-by-step what improvements will be made. A good SEO Plan will address several aspects of optimization, including:
- On-Page Optimization: This section outlines the structural changes that should be made on your website pages themselves in order to ensure that the search engines like what they see.
- Off-Page Optimization: The techniques in this section concern the way that other sites across the internet link (or don't link) to your website.
- Content Optimization: Because website content is like food for the search engines, it is necessary to develop fresh, relevant content. We will work with you to develop a content plan that is both effective and realistic.
The SEO Plan is designed to be implemented collaboratively. Some steps will rely heavily on you and/or your staff for expertise related to your industry, services or products. Based upon the information you provide, our experieced analysts will optimize each page on your site. Once underway, we can continually monitor ranking progress, and refine our optimization at your request.
In addition to tracking the SEO rank of your pages very carefully, installation of website analytics is critical to provide detailed traffic and usage information as feedback to continually improve your digital marketing strategy. Well configured analytics reports will not only offer many insights into SEO, but will help to improve the conversion rate of your pages (into leads or sales).
Search Engine Optimization strategy is just one component of developing online marketing strategies and tactics that meet your goals that feed your inbound marketing funnel.